Back to the Future

Powered By Blogger

Categories

photos (40) polyvore (16) pets (15) life (12) video (11) family (5) abbeh show (4) vlog (4) intro (1)
All content belong to © My Thrifty Life. For more information please contact donrufie@gmail.com . Powered by Blogger.

Apr 18, 2013

My Beautiful City

I apologize for not posting this week.  The events on Monday, at the marathon, have thrown me for quite a loop.  Maybe it seems like I'm taking this a little hard.  After all, I wasn't even in town when it happened - I had planned on going in to Boston, but decided to wait until after this week since it would be so crowded.  But this city holds a very special place in my heart.  It's where I was born.  I went to grade school in Cambridge, a short hop from downtown, and starting around sixth/seventh grade, many weekends were spent gallivanting around town with my best friend.  No, mom, we didn't tell you because you would have said no.  It was awesome.
High school took me further away from Boston, but we all still found time on weekends and during breaks to laze around town, shopping, basically doing whatever.  And then college took me back into the heart of things.  My school was smack dab in the middle of Beacon Hill.  My work kept me in Boston until three years ago, when we bought our little house out in the country.
But I still try to get into the city often.
My fondest memories, my best friends, my favorite views... they've all been in Boston.  The idea that some jerks attacked my town on one of its happiest days fills me with the saddest, coldest feelings.  I can't have my old Boston back.  It's never going to be the same.  But I'll never stop loving it.

Here are some of my favorite pictures I've taken of Boston:

IMG_0063
Under the subway across from the Science Museum

IMG_0067
The same subway.

IMG_0035
Science Museum dino!

IMG_0037
And his feets.

IMG_0060
One of my city's proudest moments.

IMG_0007
The frog pond in the winter.

IMG_0064
The view of downtown at night.

Hell Yeah Boston
Around the corner from Suffolk University.

IMG_0027
The state house at night.

IMG_0016
The salt and pepper bridge in the winter.

IMG_0015
A view of Boston over the frozen Charles river.

Boston Life
Liquor store near Suffolk University.

The Collossus
Sam Adams staring down on us all.

Hancock
The Hancock in the summer.

Dusk
Boston from the South End at night.

Sorry Froggy
Frog pond in the fall.

103_0364
Colorful graffiti down an alley.

My Beautiful City
A perfect day for the city.

IMG_0004
Small shops in the North End.

IMG_0009
Hooray MBTA!

In The City
Heading towards North Station.

IMG_0003
The North End has a monopoly on Italian pastries.

IMG_0036
Good ol' Ironsides.

103_0369
Sounds about right.

100_0003
Sullivan Square

Cold Metropolis
City Hall

IMG_0011
Near North Station

Towering
The Federal building.

Meet Me At the Frog Pond
The Frog Pond in the summer.

Sunset
The view from my teacher's window at Suffolk.

Unexpected Shroom
Mission Hill

Edison Plant
The Edison plant from Sullivan Square.

The Ugliest Building in Boston
A big ugly building called City Hall.

100_0008
Off to Wonderland.

IMG_0010
On top of the Science Museum parking garage.

The Holocaust memorial.

Peering up through the memorial.

IMG_0014
And last, but not least, some construction at the North End.

Basically

What I'm trying to say

Is

I LOVE BOSTON!

2 comments:

Suzie Q said...

Great photos of Boston. It's so crazy with everything that happened this week. Glad that the mayhem is over...

xoxo,
Suzie Q
www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

Unknown said...

It was such a roller coaster! I'm glad they found the guys, but it still feels so strange.