Back to the Future

Powered By Blogger

Categories

photos (40) polyvore (16) pets (15) life (12) video (11) family (5) abbeh show (4) vlog (4) intro (1)
All content belong to © My Thrifty Life. For more information please contact donrufie@gmail.com . Powered by Blogger.

Mar 27, 2013

Easter

Night Owl Blog


Neither Ryan nor I am particularly religious.  In fact he's very much against the idea.  I imagine being raised Catholic has something to do with that.  My family usually has a nice meal on the fancy china, and my mom would get us a chocolate bunny or something.  When we were kiddos we'd get a basket with a toy, a book and lots of candies.  Those were great days.  I remember the year I got a 101 Dalmation toy!  So cute!
Anyway, Ryan's family has a big Sunday meal, too, which we'll be going to this year.  Much like most holidays, it's an excuse for relatives to gather together and just have a grand ol' time chatting.  I'm not even sure if any of them go to church or not.

When we have our own family, I think I'll revive the Easter basket tradition because it was totally awesome.  I also look forward to egg hunts and coloring.  In fact I might dye some eggs this year because why the hell not, right?

Now here's a picture of me and my siblings getting ready to head out on Easter morning (back when we did go to church).  Sorry about the photo quality - I need to re-scan it one of these days.


Man, that was such an awesome dress.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Abby!

I'm your new follower Carell at Livfrugal. I'm so glad to see your blogs. I love Easter myself, also raised Catholic, but I think the most memorable times was the Easter Candy and being with family :) Thanks for following as well! Have a great day! -Carell

Warratahstree said...

Wow. I grew up in NC, USA and i so remember Easter Sunday with my new dress, patten leather shoes, new leotards, some years a hat.
I still go to church on Easter sunday, usually just me but if all my family are around they go with me.
This year all my grandkids live close by and they are having a special children's performance for Easter...So grandpa and I are going to see our grandkids at their church.
The rest of the 4 day weekend (I now live in Australia) is spent eating copious amounts of Hot Cross buns and relaxing :>)

I am a new follower and found you via the Night Owl Blog Hop

Handmade at Warratahstree